We’re looking for our new CTO to help us into the future. Is that you? Contact CEO Bård Gamnes for questions or application at email@example.com.
Barel is experiencing large growth across all market segments and product group, both nationally and globally. Therefore, we have to expand our team as well. We are hiring developers, engineers, production assistants and machine operators.
Barel, with our vision of “World’s top electronics”, has for 30 years been a world leader electronics manufacturing. Especially within power supplies (SMPS) and LED modules for Ex-market (ATEX/IEC-Ex). We launched the world’s first Ex-certified LED module in 2015 and are now releasing the world’s first DALI-2 certified Ex-SMPS. We have an experienced and skilled R&D department today and want to strengthen this further with new eyes and new competencies. We need a visionary CTO to help take Barel into the future.
Responsibilities and scope
Barel is a relatively small company, so the position will be varied and adapted to your skills and background. The most important responsibilities are:
- Develop and implement Barel’s technology strategy.
- Lead and motivate our R&D department (2-3 people) and ensure that Barel has the skills to succeed.
- Work as part of the leadership team to identify new market opportunities
- Follow technology trends and our market and ensure Barel’s position as world leading supplier of ex-products
- Work closely with our production department to ensure that the products developed are adapted to our production capabilities
Required skills and competencies
You are a person that is passionate about technology and electronics. You are amiable and good at communicating with people with different backgrounds and interests. You should identify with our core values:
- Be flexible and adaptable towards colleagues, customers and solutions
- Be curious and eager to learn new skills
- Accountable towards yourself and your surroundings
- Innovative in both mindset and action
- Loyal towards colleagues and commitments
Required skills and qualifications:
- Higher Education within electronics/technology
- Experience from electronics development projects
- Experience from industry/production business
- Experience with electronics for SMPS, LED, preferably also DALI
- Experience with embedded programming is preferable
- Experience with Ex-electronics is nice-to-have, but not a requirement since Barel has very skilled people within this field
- Good communication skills. Preferably speak/write Norwegian, but English is mandatory
You should be sociable and able to easily cooperate with different departments and fields of expertise. You must be curious and dare to ask questions and challenge established truths. And you must be quality conscious – Barel lives off the quality of our products.
What we offer
We can offer a challenging position in an inspiring and informal technology environment. We have a wide range of employees, both in age and interests, and an incredibly good working environment. Barel is “Great Place to Work” certified and values employees’ well-being and development. We are currently experiencing fast growth and can promise an exciting journey in the years to come.
Barel has a collective pension agreement, flexi-time scheme, as well as many other employee benefits. Salary by agreement. In addition, there are many advantages to living and working in Kirkenes, see below.
Barel works actively for gender equality and a balanced working environment and especially encourages women to apply for the position. We currently have 25% women in Barel in Kirkenes.
Live and work in Kirkenes?
Kirkenes is located in Sør-Varanger municipality in East Finmark with borders to both Finland and Russia. The municipality has about 10,000 inhabitants spread over a delightful 4,000 square kilometers of untouched nature.
Barel will help with relocation, housing, as well as work for any partners/family. There are a number of economic benefits to living and working in Kirkenes, including write-downs of student debt, free kindergarten, lower taxes, and low electricity costs.
See also www.sprenggrenser.no for more information about working and living in Kirkenes/Sør-Varanger.
More information about Barel
Barel is an exciting and successful Norwegian technology company that turns 30 years in 2023. We develop and manufacture electronics and have customers all over the world in the oil and gas, aerospace and heating industries. We are headquartered in Kirkenes with 28 employees now but will grow to almost 50 by the end of 2023. Barel is a solid company that is run with good profitability.
Our core competency is, and always has been, quality. Quality is the focus in the design of our internal processes, the products we design and build and the way we take care of our employees. The focus on quality is why we have been succeeded in electronics development and production for 30 years. Quality is why we are a preferred supplier of electronics to explosive environments (ex-zone 1) and the airline industry globally.
Barel develops talents and wants to exploit the unique expertise and opportunities that exist in the north. Our core values are; flexible, open, responsible, innovative and loyal.